Job Guide

Making The First Career Decision . . .

Do You Need a Career Counselor?  

A career counselor is a job search coach who can help you develop a career plan and
implement a job search strategy. If any of the following situations apply to you, you might
want to consider working with a career counselor.

1. I often get stuck in stressful and/or dead end jobs.
2. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
3. I have trouble getting along with my bosses or co-workers.
4. I often get passed over for promotions.
5. My work bores me.
6. I don’t respect the people that I work for and with.
7. I feel like I’m not living up to my potential.
8. My work is meaningless.
9. I change jobs a lot, but the new job isn’t any better than the last one.
10. I have trouble setting or meeting goals.
11. I had bigger dreams for myself.
12. I often get fired or laid off.
13. I have a reputation as a troublemaker.
14. People take advantage of me at work.
15. I never get any credit for the work that I do.
16. I feel like I don’t have any skills.
17. It’s hard to get up and go to work in the morning.
18. I don’t know how to sell myself.
19. I feel like I don’t have anything to offer an employer.
20. I never get the salary that I deserve.
21. My resume is a disaster.
22. I don’t know what I want to do.
23. I don’t know how to look for a job.
24. I hate authority.
25. I can’t stand the people I work with.
26. I feel like an impostor at work.
27. I’m too much of a perfectionist.
28. My work doesn’t fit my personality.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Shouts

Post a Comment